The long AWAITED MIUI 9 is finally coming! Xiaomi previously said that MIUI 9 would arrive before 16 of August 2017. The date for the launch has been confirmed. Mark your calendar and get ready for the good show! Mi 5X & MIUI 9 launch event will take place on 26th July, 2:00 PM (GMT+8) at China National Convention Center.
Time flies, it’s been 442 days since MIUI 8 launch. Trust them, you won’t be disappointed as all good things are worth waiting.
What we know so far about MIUI 9:
- – Redesigned Lock Screen shortcut
- – Added Split-Screen feature
- – Added 3 new themes besides the default theme.
- – Removed rarely used features
- – In order to ensure MIUI 9 offers a great user experience in terms of stability, smoothness, and better battery backup, a limited amount of devices will receive MIUI 9 in the first batch followed by others. The updates will roll out in batches.
PS: The MIUI 9 in this thread refers to MIUI 9 China ROM. It is not GLOBAL ROM yet!
(c) vincent_khoo of MIUI FORUM.