If you own the new smartphone from OnePlus (OnePlus 5), you could be having OnePlus 5 problems with Wi-Fi. Some examples of Wi-Fi issues on OnePlus 5 include weak/slow connections, forgetting a Wi-Fi connection and a connection that switches to data.
A common problem is slow WiFi speed on OnePlus 5 when using apps Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and other apps.
The following are some suggestions on how you can fix OnePlus 5 WiFi problems.
How to fix Wi-Fi problems on OnePlus 5:
- Power off your OnePlus 5
- Press the Home, Volume and Power buttons
- Once the phone vibrates, wait for it to get into Recovery Mode
- Select on “Wipe cache partition”
- When the task is complete and select on “reboot system now” to restart your OnePlus 5
How to forget a saved Wi-Fi network:
It is also a good idea to forget a saved network and then reconnect to that WiFi connection. This can fix things if you’ve typed in the incorrect password or if you want a fresh connection. Follow the steps below to learn how to forget saved WiFi on OnePlus 5:
- Power on your OnePlus 5.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Network connections section and select on Wi-Fi.
- Turn your Wi-Fi ON.
- Pick the Wi-Fi network that you want to forget and tap on Forget.
- Browse and select on the Wi-Fi network that you want to reconnect with.
OnePlus 5 switches from WiFi to Data randomly
Some users have reported that the OnePlus 5 switches to data from WiFi without any notice. There could be a few different reasons why this happens.
The first reason that this could happen is because the mobile data connection setting is turned ON that switch from Wi-Fi to Data when you have a WEAK Wi-Fi connection. This setting is called “Smart network switch” and it’s possible to modify this setting to help with the OnePlus 5 WiFi problem. (But I recommend this one to be turned ON always.
How to disable the “Smart network switch” on the OnePlus 5:
- Turn off your OnePlus 5.
- Turn on mobile data connection.
- Once you’ve got the mobile data connection turned ON, Tap on Menu -> Settings -> Wireless.
- Uncheck the “Smart network switch” option.
- Once you do this, the One Plus 5 will stop automatically changing between Wi-Fi and mobile data.
Enjoy your monster unit! 🙂