How to reboot Redmi 4 Prime in Download Mode (EDL)
Enter EDL mode from turned off device
You can enter download mode on your turned off Redmi 4 Prime just like on other Redmi devices. This is the most easiest way on how to boot in EDL and it works if there’s nothing wrong with your Redmi smartphone.
- Press and hold “volume up” + power button;
- When the screen turns on (MI logo is on a screen), remove power button and keep holding “volume up” until bootloader menu opens.
- In case you need to switch to English language, press the yellow button in the bottom right corner.
- Next select “Download”
Fix EDL Mode Issue after flashing to Developer ROM
This is a short and easy guide on how to solve problems entering EDL mode on Redmi 4 Prime after flashing to the latest developer ROM version.
- Download the latest STABLE release (for example 188.8.131.52) , rename download archive to “update.zip” and move it “download_rom” folder on your phone storage.
- Enter “Updater” app on your phone and press three dots icon at the top.
- Select and tap on “Choose update package” and select previously downloaded and renamed “update.zip” archive.
- Wait for the installation to complete and you should get working EDL mode.